How to Verify Domain Property in Google Search Console via DNS
Not too long ago, you had to add each version of the site separately as a property in Google Search Console. (“URL Prefix” option in the image below)
For kubix.digital this would mean that we wouldn’t be able to evaluate the data optimally unless we added 12 URLs to the Google Search Console separately. This, because Google used to consider all of these URLs as different properties:
https://kubix.digital/ ; http://kubix.digital/ ; https://kubix.digital/tr ; http://kubix.digital/tr ; https://kubix.digital/de ; http://kubix.digital/de ; https://www.kubix.digital/ ; http://www.kubix.digital/ ; https://www.kubix.digital/tr ; http://www.kubix.digital/tr ; https://www.kubix.digital/de ; http://www.kubix.digital/de
However, this changed with the new update. You can now see the data of all versions of the site, with a single URL property.
The DNS method allows you to create this connection. To set it up, you can follow these steps:
Note: I'm explaining the DNS integration method through the GoDaddy panel. The panel might be different with other providers.
- Visit the Google Search Console to begin the installation.
- Since we will continue with DNS verification, we will proceed with the “domain” option.
- Write down the domain name of the site and click “Continue“.
- In the next stage, a panel like the one below will appear. Here you need to verify your DNS information to prove that you own the site.
- To complete the 1st step, sign in to the provider from which you purchased the domain.
- To add the TXT record given in the 2nd step after logging in to the domain provider, go to “My Products“ and click “DNS” which is indicated by the arrow in the image below.
- Click the “Add” button below the “Records” list.
- Select record type as TXT.
- Add “@” to the “Host” box.
- Copy the verification code that is given in the 2nd step, and paste it into the “TXT Value” box.
- If you don’t have any customized settings, you can leave the default 1-hour option in the “TTL” box. With this time period, you determine how long the information is stored.
- After making all adjustments, click the “Save” button and complete the process.
- To complete the 3rd step, click the “Verify” button on the panel.
Ownership is verified!
Not Happy With Your Online Performance?
Be our next client
Our team is here to quick audit your ppc campaigns, organic traffic performance or website usability.
Just Get In Touch With Us!